A very old friend of mine once gave me a small pamphlet that I carried around for years inside my checkbook. It was a positive mental thinking article that outlines how to focus on your objectives and obtain your goals. I found it when I was reorganizing my library shelves and thought I would write-up a little summary.
IT WORKS. anonymous (Published by De Vorss & Co. 1926)
A concise, definite, resultful plan with rules, explanations and suggestions for bettering your condition in life.
- Know exactly what you really want. This is the first and most important step. (Identify)
- Tune in to your mind and call upon your thoughts to create a vision of accomplishing or obtaining your desire. (Objectify)
- The Plan (Action). Review daily and make corrections, updates and changes.
- Read the list of objectives out loud at least 3 times a day (Repetition).
- Dwell on the list as often as possible (Focus)
- Do not worry and over analyze how you are going to accomplish your goals, just focus on having them. (Attraction)
“Nothing can prevent your having that which you earnestly desire. ” That’s it in a nutshell.