My best friend, Jim Schimpf, struck up a conversation with a gentleman on a plane from Dallas (I think the gentleman’s name was Tom Sloan), who gave an acrostic on what Leadership is. Take a moment and think through what leadership means to you:
- Listens – a leader listens intently and asks good questions
- Ethical – a leader is ethical in all his/her activities and actions in personal and professional environments.
- Analytical – a leader analyzes details to better understand the situation
- Driven – a leader is driven to be excellent
- Energy – a leader has energy and enthusiasm, sometimes known as charisma
- Responsibility – a leader doesn’t hide behind others but takes responsibility
- Shares – a leader will share success with others and deflect accolades to the team while serving the needs of his teammates.
Here is quick 2 min video that helps explain leadership and I hope that you continue to reach for your dreams.