Kennesaw, GA – Richard Koch is a Brit that I have written about before. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Koch
“Everything you want should be yours: the type of work you want; the relationships you need; the social, mental, and aesthetic stimulation that will make you happy and fulfilled; the money you require for the lifestyle that is appropriate to you; and any requirement that you may (or may not) have for achievement or service to others. If you don’t aim for it all, you’ll never get it all. To aim for it requires that you know what you want.” – Richard Koch
This post is written for a special person who will know that this article is for them.
Here are his 10 Rules for Career Success
- Specialize. Develop core, niche Skills
- Choose a niche you enjoy. Become an expert
- Knowledge in your niche IS power
- Identify and fanatically serve your best customers.
- Identify the 20% Effort that brings the 80% Results.
- Seek and Learn from the very best.
- Find Self-employment early in your career.
- Employ as many NET value creators as possible.
- Outsource everything but your core skills
- Exploit capital leverage and manage costs
Good luck with your career. Let me know if I can help in anyway.